1. The club is to be known as the ‘Exeter British Motorcycle Club’.
2. The aim of the club is to foster, encourage and maintain an interest in British motorcycles; to provide technical assistance to its members, to meet one another and discuss motorcycling in a friendly atmosphere and finally to establish and maintain good relationships between motorcyclists and the general public.
(a) The general business of the club is to be run by a committee consisting of the following: Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Runs Coordinator, Membership Secretary, Technical Officer, Administrator, Welfare Officer, Prizes and Trophies Officer and Regalia Officer. The committee will be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Nominees must normally have been a member of the club for more than one year. The committee will meet a minimum of four times a year and six members of the committee are required to be present to form a quorum. Decisions will be passed by a ‘majority’ vote.
(b) The club may have a Webmaster to set up and control the club website. The Webmaster need not be a member of the club committee and if not, will be invited to attend club committee meetings when the website is being discussed.
4. The committee will discuss the annual membership fee and the outcome forwarded as a proposal to the AGM.
5. Voting rights at ‘club’ meetings will be applicable to ‘paid up’ members only. Decisions will be passed by a ‘majority’ vote.
6. New members are accepted into the club at the discretion of the committee.
7. Membership fees are to be paid annually to the Membership Secretary by the end of March each year. Members joining after 31st August will pay one and a half times the annual fee to cover the remainder of the membership year and the whole of the next year. New members will pay a joining fee of £2.00 in addition to the membership fee. Any member who does not renew their membership by 31st March and wishes to remain a member, will be required to pay a renewal fee of £2.00 in addition to the annual fee and will not receive club publications until the fees are paid.
8. Prospective members may also attend two club runs, (This includes taking part in listed Tuesday and Sunday runs, also other club organised runs including non listed Sunday runs). It is the duty of club members attending the runs to ensure that this rule applies and report to committee details of any persons attending more than two runs.
9. Associate membership for spouses and/or partners is included in the sponsor ‘s membership.
10. Club meetings will normally be held on the second Tuesday in each month, commencing at 8.00pm, at a venue to be decided by the committee.
11. There is a no smoking policy while club meetings are in progress.
12. Members may advertise motorcycles and motorcycle related equipment on the club website and in the notices section of club minutes at the discretion of the club committee.
13. Club bank/building society accounts are to be named ‘Exeter British Motorcycle Club’. All club cheques and building society withdrawals will only be made valid with the signatures of two committee members nominated by the club committee.
14. Expenditure on behalf of the club must be approved by the committee.
15. The club financial account is to be submitted for audit to the committee, prior to each AGM and at any other times if considered necessary.
16. The Treasurer is to submit a statement of the club’s accounts balances to all committee meetings.
17. The Annual General Meeting is to be held in March each year, normally on the second Thursday.
18. The Runs Organiser will plan weekly club runs to commence on the first Tuesday in April and ending on the last Tuesday in September each year and submit written details for distribution to all club members. On occasions it may be necessary for the Organiser to enlist assistance from a non-committee club member. If any member has any ideas for runs, they should discuss these with the Runs Organiser.
19. Any member participating in club organised runs must be ‘Road Legal’.
20. The question of what is considered a suitable motorcycle for club members is a very critical and sensitive issue. This club has been formed on the basis that members support British motorcycles. This means that when representing the club on runs and rallies, only British motorcycles will be accepted. The committee will decide on what qualifies as a British Motorcycle.
21. The club may have a President who shall be elected annually, by the members, at an AGM. The President may attend committee meetings as a right, but will not be entitled to a vote. In the election of President Rule 26 is to be strictly obeyed.
22. The club may have up to two Vice Presidents who shall be elected by the members at an AGM. Vice Presidents may attend committee meetings as a right, but will not be entitled to vote. In the election of Vice Presidents rule 26 is to be strictly obeyed.
23. The committee shall have the power to expel any member, with loss of any membership fee already paid, for any conduct considered to be prejudicial to the good name of the club.
24. In the event of the club ceasing to operate for any particular reason, all remaining assets, if any, are to be disposed of equally amongst the paid up members.
(a) The club is to maintain Public Liability Insurance.
(b) The club is not responsible for any damage, injury or loss caused by the acts or omissions of any member or visitor.
26. Any proposed changes to these rules or items to be discussed and voted on at the AGM, must be forwarded to the Secretary at least one calendar month prior to the AGM for inclusion in the agenda.